Meaning of condense
Pronunciation: (kun-dens'), [key]
— v., -densed, -dens•ing.
- to make more dense or compact; reduce the volume or extent of; concentrate.
- to reduce to a shorter form; abridge: Condense your answer into a few words.
- to reduce to another and denser form, as a gas or vapor to a liquid or solid state.
- to become denser or more compact or concentrated.
- to reduce a book, speech, statement, or the like, to a shorter form.
- to become liquid or solid, as a gas or vapor: The steam condensed into droplets.
- condense (Thesaurus)