Meaning of configuration
Pronunciation: (kun-fig"yu-rā'shun), [key]
- the relative disposition or arrangement of the parts or elements of a thing.
- external form, as resulting from this; conformation.
- the relative position or aspect of heavenly bodies.
- a group of stars.
- an atomic spatial arrangement that is fixed by the chemical bonding in a molecule and that cannot be altered without breaking bonds (contrasted with conformation).
- the totality of a computer and the devices connected to it: A common microcomputer configuration consists of a computer, two disk drives, a monitor, and a printer.
- configuration (Thesaurus)