conglomerate: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (n., adj.kun-glom'ur-it, kung-v.kun-glom'u-rāt&sec, kung-), [key]
— n., adj., v., -at•ed, -at•ing.
- anything composed of heterogeneous materials or elements.
- a corporation consisting of a number of subsidiary companies or divisions in a variety of unrelated industries, usually as a result of merger or acquisition.
- a rock consisting of pebbles or the like embedded in a finer cementing material; consolidated gravel.
- gathered into a rounded mass; consisting of parts so gathered; clustered.
- consisting of heterogeneous parts or elements.
- of or pertaining to a corporate conglomerate.
- of the nature of a conglomerate.
- to bring together into a cohering mass.
- to gather into a ball or rounded mass.
- to collect or cluster together.
- (of a company) to become part of or merge with a conglomerate.
- conglomerate (Thesaurus)