consequent: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (kon'si-kwent", -kwunt), [key]
- following as an effect or result; resulting (often fol. by on, upon, or to): a fall in price consequent to a rise in production.
- following as a logical conclusion: a consequent law.
- following or progressing logically: consequent reasoning.
- anything that follows upon something else, with or without a causal relationship.
- the second member of a conditional proposition, as “Caesar was a great general” in “If Caesar conquered Gaul, he was a great general.”
- the second term of a ratio.
- the second of two vectors in a dyad.
- consequent (Thesaurus)