Meaning of conservation
Pronunciation: (kon"sur-vā'shun), [key]
- the act of conserving; prevention of injury, decay, waste, or loss; preservation: conservation of wildlife; conservation of human rights.
- official supervision of rivers, forests, and other natural resources in order to preserve and protect them through prudent management.
- a district, river, forest, etc., under such supervision.
- the careful utilization of a natural resource in order to prevent depletion.
- the restoration and preservation of works of art.
- conservation (Thesaurus)