Meaning of contest
Pronunciation: (n.kon'testv.k&schwan&sylptest'), [key]
- a race, conflict, or other competition between rivals, as for a prize.
- struggle for victory or superiority.
- strife in argument; dispute; controversy: Their marriage was marred by perpetual contest.
- to struggle or fight for, as in battle.
- to argue against; dispute: to contest a controversial question; to contest a will.
- to call in question: They contested his right to speak.
- to contend for in rivalry.
- to dispute; contend; compete.
- contest (Thesaurus)