Meaning of conventional
Pronunciation: (kun-ven'shu-nl), [key]
- conforming or adhering to accepted standards, as of conduct or taste: conventional behavior.
- pertaining to convention or general agreement; established by general consent or accepted usage; arbitrarily determined: conventional symbols.
- ordinary rather than different or original: conventional phraseology.
- not using, making, or involving nuclear weapons or energy; nonnuclear: conventional warfare.
- in accordance with an accepted manner, model, or tradition.
- (of figurative art) represented in a generalized or simplified manner.
- of or pertaining to a convention, agreement, or compact.
- resting on consent, express or implied.
- of or pertaining to a convention or assembly.
- conventional (Thesaurus)