Meaning of converge
Pronunciation: (kun-vûrj'), [key]
— v., -verged, -verg•ing.
- to tend to meet in a point or line; incline toward each other, as lines that are not parallel.
- to tend to a common result, conclusion, etc.
- (of a sequence) to have values eventually arbitrarily close to some number; to have a finite limit.
- (of an infinite series) to have a finite sum; to have a sequence of partial sums that converges.
- (of an improper integral) to have a finite value.
- (of a net) to be residually in every neighborhood of some point.
- to cause to converge.
- converge (Thesaurus)