Meaning of coronal
Pronunciation: (n.kôr'u-nl, kor'-adj.ku-rōn'l, kôr'u-nl, kor'-), [key]
- a crown; coronet.
- a garland.
- of or pertaining to a coronal.
- of or pertaining to a corona.
- (of a plane along the long axis of the body) lying in the direction of the coronal suture.
- Also,frontal.lying in the direction of the frontal plane.
- (of a speech sound) articulated with the tip of the tongue, esp. in a retroflex position.
- (in distinctive feature analysis) articulated with the blade of the tongue raised; dental, alveolar, or palato-alveolar.
- of or pertaining to the tip of the tongue.
- coronal (Thesaurus)