Meaning of coupler
Pronunciation: (kup'lur), [key]
- a person or thing that couples or links together.
- a rod or link transmitting force and motion between a rotating part and a rotating or oscillating part.
- Also calleda device for joining pieces of rolling stock.
- a device in an organ or harpsichord for connecting keys, manuals, or a manual and pedals, so that they are played together when one is played.
- a device for transferring electrical energy from one circuit to another, as a transformer that joins parts of a radio apparatus together by induction.
- (in color photography) a chemical that reacts with the developer to produce one of the colors in a print or transparency.
- coupler (Thesaurus)