Meaning of crossover
Pronunciation: (krôs'ō"vur, kros'-), [key]
- a bridge or other structure for crossing over a river, highway, etc.
- Seecrossing over.
- a genotype resulting from crossing over.
- the act of crossing over in style, usually with the intention of broadening the commercial appeal to a wider audience.
- music that crosses over in style, occasionally sharing attributes with several musical styles and therefore often appealing to a broader audience.
- Also calleda member of one political party who votes for the candidate of another party in a primary.
- a track structure composed of two or more turnouts, permitting movement of cars from either of two parallel and adjacent tracks to the other.
- a step in which dancers exchange places.
- a step involving partners in which the woman moves from one side of her partner to the other, crossing in front of him.
- a ball that strikes the side of the head pin opposite to the bowling hand of the bowler.
- (in plumbing) a U-shaped pipe for bypassing another pipe.
- crossover (Thesaurus)