Meaning of crush
Pronunciation: (krush), [key]
- to press or squeeze with a force that destroys or deforms.
- to squeeze or pound into small fragments or particles, as ore, stone, etc.
- to force out by pressing or squeezing; extract: to crush cottonseeds in order to produce oil.
- to rumple; wrinkle; crease.
- to smooth or flatten by pressure: to crush leather.
- to hug or embrace forcibly or strongly: He crushed her in his arms.
- to destroy, subdue, or suppress utterly: to crush a revolt.
- to overwhelm with confusion, chagrin, or humiliation, as by argumentation or a slighting action or remark; squelch.
- to oppress grievously.
- to finish drinking (wine, ale, etc.).
- to become crushed.
- to advance with crushing; press or crowd forcibly.
- the act of crushing; state of being crushed.
- a great crowd: a crush of shoppers.
- Who is your latest crush?
- an intense but usually short-lived infatuation.
- the object of such an infatuation:Who is your latest crush?
- crush (Thesaurus)