Meaning of cypress
- any of several evergreen coniferous trees constituting the genus Cupressus, having dark-green, scalelike, overlapping leaves.
- any of various other coniferous trees of allied genera, as the bald cypress.
- any of various unrelated plants resembling the true cypress.
- the wood of these trees or plants.
— n. Obs.
- a fine, thin fabric resembling lawn or crepe, formerly used in black for mourning garments and trimmings.
- a city in SW California. 40,391.
- cypress (Thesaurus)