dangle: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (dang'gul), [key]
— v., n. -gled, -gling,
- to hang loosely, esp. with a jerking or swaying motion: The rope dangled in the breeze.
- to hang around or follow a person, as if seeking favor or attention.
- to occur as a modifier without a head or as a participle without an implied subject, as leaving the tunnel in The daylight was blinding, leaving the tunnel.
- to cause to dangle; hold or carry swaying loosely.
- to offer as an inducement.
- to keep someone in a state of uncertainty.
- the act of dangling.
- something that dangles.
- dangle (Thesaurus)