Meaning of desensitize
Pronunciation: (dē-sen'si-tīz"), [key]
— -tized, -tiz•ing.
- to lessen the sensitiveness of.
- to make indifferent, unaware, or the like, in feeling.
- to make less sensitive or wholly insensitive to light, as the emulsion on a film.
- to treat (the design on a lithographic plate) with an etch in order to increase the capacity to retain moisture, and to remove traces of grease.
- to reduce the sensitivity of (an explosive) to those stimuli capable of detonating it.
- desensitize (Thesaurus)