disability: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (dis"u-bil'i-tē), [key]
— pl. -ties
- lack of adequate power, strength, or physical or mental ability; incapacity.
- a physical or mental handicap, esp. one that prevents a person from living a full, normal life or from holding a gainful job.
- anything that disables or puts one at a disadvantage: His mere six-foot height will be a disability in professional basketball.
- the state or condition of being disabled.
- legal incapacity; legal disqualification.
- disability (Thesaurus)