disciple: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (di-sī'pul), [key]
— n., v., -pled, -pling.
- one of the 12 personal followers of Christ.
- one of the 70 followers sent forth by Christ. Luke 10:1.
- any other professed follower of Christ in His lifetime.
- any follower of Christ.
- (cap.) a member of the Disciples of Christ.
- a person who is a pupil or an adherent of the doctrines of another; follower: a disciple of Freud.
- to convert into a disciple.
- to teach; train.
- disciple (Thesaurus)