discrete: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (di-skrēt'), [key]
- apart or detached from others; separate; distinct: six discrete parts.
- consisting of or characterized by distinct or individual parts; discontinuous.
- a discrete variable.
- (of a topology or topological space) having the property that every subset is an open set.
- defined only for an isolated set of points:a discrete variable.
- using only arithmetic and algebra; not involving calculus:discrete methods.
- discrete (Thesaurus)