Meaning of dishonor
Pronunciation: (dis-on'ur), [key]
- lack or loss of honor; disgraceful or dishonest character or conduct.
- disgrace; ignominy; shame: His arrest brought dishonor to his family.
- an indignity; insult: to do someone a dishonor.
- a cause of shame or disgrace: He is a dishonor to his family.
- failure or refusal of the drawee or intended acceptor of a bill of exchange or note to accept it or, if it is accepted, to pay and retire it.
- to deprive of honor; disgrace; bring reproach or shame on.
- to fail or refuse to honor or pay (a draft, check, etc.).
- to rape or seduce.
- dishonor (Thesaurus)