dissent: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (di-sent'), [key]
- to differ in sentiment or opinion, esp. from the majority; withhold assent; disagree (often fol. by from): Two of the justices dissented from the majority decision.
- to disagree with the methods, goals, etc., of a political party or government; take an opposing view.
- to disagree with or reject the doctrines or authority of an established church.
- difference of sentiment or opinion.
- disagreement with the philosophy, methods, goals, etc., of a political party or government.
- separation from an established church, esp. the Church of England; nonconformity.
- dissent (Thesaurus)