Meaning of distributor
Pronunciation: (di-strib'yu-tur), [key]
- a person or thing that distributes.
- a person, firm, etc., engaged in the general distribution or marketing of some article or class of goods.
- a wholesaler who has exclusive rights to market, within a given territory, the goods of a manufacturer or company.
- a device in a multicylinder engine that distributes the igniting voltage to the spark plugs in a definite sequence.
- (in a press) one of the rollers for spreading ink on the table, rolling it to a proper consistency, and transferring it to rollers that ink the form or plate.
- Also calleddistrib&prim;utor bar&sec;.(in a Linotype) a bar with keylike cuts along its length, for sorting matrices into their proper magazines after type has been cast.
- distributor (Thesaurus)