dominion: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (du-min'yun), [key]
- the power or right of governing and controlling; sovereign authority.
- rule; control; domination.
- a territory, usually of considerable size, in which a single rulership holds sway.
- lands or domains subject to sovereignty or control.
- a territory constituting a self-governing commonwealth and being one of a number of such territories united in a community of nations, or empire: formerly applied to self-governing divisions of the British Empire, as Canada and New Zealand.
- domination (def. 3).
- dominion (Thesaurus)