Meaning of doubt
Pronunciation: (dout), [key]
- to be uncertain about; consider questionable or unlikely; hesitate to believe.
- to distrust.
- to fear; be apprehensive about.
- to be uncertain about something; be undecided in opinion or belief.
- a feeling of uncertainty about the truth, reality, or nature of something.
- a state of affairs such as to occasion uncertainty.
- fear; dread.
- with certainty; definitely.
- in a state of uncertainty or suspense: His appointment to the position is still in doubt.
- There is no doubt an element of truth in what you say.
- certainly:There is no doubt an element of truth in what you say.
- unquestionably; certainly.
- doubt (Thesaurus)