downhill: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (adv., adj.doun'hil'n.doun'hil&sec), [key]
- down the slope of a hill; downward.
- into a worse or inferior condition: The business has been going downhill.
- going or tending downward on or as on a hill.
- free of problems or obstacles; easy: After the initial setbacks on the project, it was downhill all the way.
- of or pertaining to skiing downhill.
- a timed ski race on a steep slope in which competitors take the most direct route to the finish line following a course with relatively few turns and attaining very high speeds. Cf.
- downhill (Thesaurus)