Meaning of drip
Pronunciation: (drip), [key]
— v., n. dripped dript, drip•ping,
- to let drops fall; shed drops: This faucet drips.
- to fall in drops, as a liquid.
- to let fall in drops.
- an act of dripping.
- liquid that drips.
- the sound made by falling drops: the irritating drip of a faucet.
- an unattractive, boring, or colorless person.
- (in house painting) the accumulation of solidified drops of paint at the bottom of a painted surface.
- any device, as a molding, for shedding rain water to keep it from running down a wall, falling onto the sill of an opening, etc.
- a pipe for draining off condensed steam from a radiator, heat exchanger, etc.
- maudlin sentimentality.
- drip (Thesaurus)