Meaning of duff
— n. Slang.
- the buttocks or rump: If you don't like the way things are, get off your duff and do something about it!
- a stiff flour pudding, boiled or steamed and often flavored with currants, citron, and spices.
— v.t. Slang.
- to give a deliberately deceptive appearance to; misrepresent; fake.
- (in golf&hasp;) to misplay (a golf ball), esp. to misjudge one's swing so that the club strikes the ground behind the ball before hitting it.
- to steal (cattle).
- (formerly) to alter the brand on (stolen cattle).
- to cheat someone.
- organic matter in various stages of decomposition on the floor of the forest.
- fine, dry coal, esp. anthracite.
- duff (Thesaurus)