duplicate: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (n., adj.d'pli-kit, dy'-v.d'pli-kāt&sec, dy'-), [key]
— n., v., adj. -cat•ed, -cat•ing,
- a copy exactly like an original.
- anything corresponding in all respects to something else.
- a duplicate game.
- in two copies, esp. two identical copies: Please type the letter in duplicate.
- to make an exact copy of.
- to do or perform again; repeat: He duplicated his father's way of standing with his hands in his pockets.
- to double; make twofold.
- to become duplicate.
- exactly like or corresponding to something else: duplicate copies of a letter.
- consisting of or existing in two identical or corresponding parts; double.
- noting a game in which each team plays a series of identical hands, the winner being the team making the best total score.
- duplicate (Thesaurus)