Meaning of duster
Pronunciation: (dus'tur), [key]
- a person or thing that removes or applies dust.
- a cloth, brush, etc., for removing dust.
- a lightweight housecoat.
- an apparatus or device for sprinkling dust, powder, insecticide, or the like, esp. on plants.
- a person employed in spreading insecticidal dusts or the like on crops from a low-flying plane.
- a long, light overgarment, worn esp. in the early days of open automobiles to protect the clothing from dust.
- a summer-weight coat for women that is loose-fitting and often unlined.
- a ball purposely thrown by a pitcher at or dangerously close to a batter.
- (cap.)a self-propelled U.S. antiaircraft gun of the 1950s, armed with twin 40mm cannon.
- duster (Thesaurus)