Meaning of dyad
Pronunciation: (dī'ad), [key]
- a group of two; couple; pair.
- a chromosome dyad.
- a secondary morphological unit, consisting of two monads:a chromosome dyad.
- the double chromosomes resulting from the separation of the four chromatids of a tetrad.
- an element, atom, or group having a valence of two. Cf. monad, triad (def. 2a).
- two vectors with no symbol connecting them, usually considered as an operator.
- two persons involved in an ongoing relationship or interaction.
- the relationship or interaction itself.
- of two parts; dyadic.
- dyad (Thesaurus)