elemental: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (el"u-men'tl), [key]
- of the nature of an ultimate constituent; simple; uncompounded.
- pertaining to rudiments or first principles.
- starkly simple, primitive, or basic: a spare, elemental prose style; hate, lust, and other elemental emotions.
- pertaining to the agencies, forces, or phenomena of physical nature: elemental gods.
- comparable to the great forces of nature, as in power or magnitude: elemental grandeur.
- of, pertaining to, or of the nature of the four elements, earth, water, air, and fire, or of any one of them.
- pertaining to chemical elements.
- elemental (Thesaurus)