encore: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (äng'kôr, -kōr, än'-), [key]
— interj., n., v., -cored, -cor•ing.
- again; once more (used by an audience in calling for an additional number or piece).
- a demand, as by applause, for a repetition of a song, act, etc., or for a performance of a number or piece additional to those on a program, or for a reappearance by the performers, as at the end of a concert, recital, etc.
- the performance or reappearance in response to such a demand: He chose a Chopin nocturne for his encore.
- any repeated or additional performance or appearance, as a rerun of a telecast or a rematch in sports.
- to call for a repetition of.
- to call for an encore from (a performer).
- encore (Thesaurus)