Meaning of enemy
Pronunciation: (en'u-mē), [key]
— n., pl. adj. -mies,
- a person who feels hatred for, fosters harmful designs against, or engages in antagonistic activities against another; an adversary or opponent.
- an armed foe; an opposing military force: The army attacked the enemy at dawn.
- a hostile nation or state.
- a citizen of such a state.
- persons, nations, etc., that are hostile to one another: Let's make up and stop being enemies.
- something harmful or prejudical: His unbridled ambition is his worst enemy.
- the Devil; Satan.
- belonging to a hostile power or to any of its nationals: enemy property.
- inimical; ill-disposed.
- enemy (Thesaurus)