Meaning of ensemble
Pronunciation: (än-säm'bul, -sämb' Fr. än-sän'bl&supschwa), [key]
— pl. -sem•bles
- all the parts of a thing taken together, so that each part is considered only in relation to the whole.
- the entire costume of an individual, esp. when all the parts are in harmony: She was wearing a beautiful ensemble by one of the French designers.
- a set of furniture.
- a string ensemble.
- the united performance of an entire group of singers, musicians, etc.
- the group so performing:a string ensemble.
- a group of supporting entertainers, as actors, dancers, and singers, in a theatrical production.
- ensemble (Thesaurus)