Meaning of episode
Pronunciation: (ep'u-sōd", -zōd"), [key]
- an incident in the course of a series of events, in a person's life or experience, etc.
- an incident, scene, etc., within a narrative, usually fully developed and either integrated within the main story or digressing from it.
- one of a number of loosely connected, but usually thematically related, scenes or stories constituting a literary work.
- an intermediate or digressive passage, esp. in a contrapuntal composition.
- any one of the separate productions that constitute a serial.
- episode (Thesaurus)