Meaning of estimate
Pronunciation: (v.es'tu-māt"n.es'tu-mit, -māt"), [key]
— v., n. -mat•ed, -mat•ing,
- to form an approximate judgment or opinion regarding the worth, amount, size, weight, etc., of; calculate approximately: to estimate the cost of a college education.
- to form an opinion of; judge.
- to make an estimate.
- an approximate judgment or calculation, as of the value, amount, time, size, or weight of something.
- a judgment or opinion, as of the qualities of a person or thing.
- a statement of the approximate charge for work to be done, submitted by a person or business firm ready to undertake the work.
- estimate (Thesaurus)