Meaning of excite
Pronunciation: (ik-sīt'), [key]
— -cit•ed, -cit•ing.
- to arouse or stir up the emotions or feelings of: to excite a person to anger; actions that excited his father's wrath.
- to arouse or stir up (emotions or feelings): to excite jealousy or hatred.
- to cause; awaken: to excite interest or curiosity.
- to stir to action; provoke or stir up: to excite a dog by baiting him.
- to stimulate: to excite a nerve.
- to supply with electricity for producing electric activity or a magnetic field: to excite a dynamo.
- to raise (an atom, molecule, etc.) to an excited state.
- excite (Thesaurus)