Meaning of expert
Pronunciation: (n., v.ek'spûrtadj.ek'spûrt, ik&sylpspûrt'), [key]
- a person who has special skill or knowledge in some particular field; specialist; authority: a language expert.
- the highest rating in rifle marksmanship, above that of marksman and sharpshooter.
- a person who has achieved such a rating.
- possessing special skill or knowledge; trained by practice; skillful or skilled (often fol. by in or at): an expert driver; to be expert at driving a car.
- pertaining to, coming from, or characteristic of an expert: expert work; expert advice.
- to act as an expert for.
- expert (Thesaurus)