Meaning of explicit
Pronunciation: (ik-splis'it), [key]
- fully and clearly expressed or demonstrated; leaving nothing merely implied; unequivocal: explicit instructions; an explicit act of violence; explicit language.
- clearly developed or formulated: explicit knowledge; explicit belief.
- definite and unreserved in expression; outspoken: He was quite explicit as to what he expected us to do for him.
- described or shown in realistic detail: explicit sexual scenes.
- having sexual acts or nudity clearly depicted: explicit movies; explicit books.
- (of a function) having the dependent variable expressed directly in terms of the independent variables, as y = 3x + 4. Cf. implicit (def. 4).
- explicit (Thesaurus)