Meaning of extent
Pronunciation: (ik-stent'), [key]
- the space or degree to which a thing extends; length, area, volume, or scope: the extent of his lands; to be right to a certain extent.
- something extended, as a space; a particular length, area, or volume; something having extension: the limitless extent of the skies.
- a writ, or a levy, by which a debtor's lands are valued and transferred to the creditor, absolutely or for a term of years.
- Also calledwrit of extent.a writ to recover debts of a record due to the crown, under which land, property, etc., may be seized.
- a seizure made under such a writ.
- extension (def. 12).
- assessment or valuation, as of land.
- extent (Thesaurus)