Meaning of fantail
Pronunciation: (fan'tāl"), [key]
- a tail, end, or part shaped like a fan.
- one of a breed of domestic pigeons, having a fan-shaped tail.
- any of various small birds having fanlike tails, as the Old World flycatchers of the genus Rhipidura and the American wood warblers of the genus Euthlypis.
- a structure or structural member having a number of radiating parts, as an arch centering.
- the part of a rounded stern extending abaft the aftermost perpendicular; rounded counter.
- the area within this.
- a mustang.
- (of shrimp) shelled, split almost through, and flattened slightly before cooking.
- fantail (Thesaurus)