Meaning of fashion
Pronunciation: (fash'un), [key]
- a prevailing custom or style of dress, etiquette, socializing, etc.: the latest fashion in dresses.
- conventional usage in dress, manners, etc., esp. of polite society, or conformity to it: the dictates of fashion; to be out of fashion.
- manner; way; mode: in a warlike fashion.
- the make or form of anything: He liked the fashion of the simple, sturdy furniture.
- a kind; sort: All fashions of people make up the world.
- act or process of making.
- in some manner or other or to some extent; in a makeshift, unskillful, or unsatisfactory way: He's an artist after a fashion.
- to give a particular shape or form to; make: The cavemen fashioned tools from stones.
- to accommodate; adjust; adapt: doctrines fashioned to the varying hour.
- to bend (a plate) without preheating.
- to contrive; manage.
- fashion (Thesaurus)