ferry: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (fer'ē), [key]
— n., pl. v., -ries, -ried, -ry•ing.
- a commercial service with terminals and boats for transporting persons, automobiles, etc., across a river or other comparatively small body of water.
- a ferryboat.
- a service for flying airplanes over a particular route, esp. the delivery of airplanes to an overseas purchaser or base of operations.
- the legal right to ferry passengers, cargo, etc., and to charge for the service.
- to carry or convey back and forth over a fixed route in a boat or plane.
- to fly (an airplane) over a particular route, esp. for delivery.
- to go in a ferry.
- ferry (Thesaurus)