fiend: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (fēnd), [key]
- Satan; the devil.
- any evil spirit; demon.
- a diabolically cruel or wicked person.
- a person or thing that causes mischief or annoyance: Those children are little fiends.
- a person who is extremely addicted to some pernicious habit: an opium fiend.
- a person who is excessively interested in some game, sport, etc.; fan; buff: a bridge fiend.
- a person who is highly skilled or gifted in something: a fiend at languages.
- fiend (Thesaurus)