fingertip: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (fing'gur-tip"), [key]
- the tip or end of a finger.
- a covering used to protect the end joint of a finger.
- He has the answer at his fingertips.
- close at hand; easily or immediately available.
- at one's command or disposal, as recall of factual information:He has the answer at his fingertips.
- thoroughly; perfectly: She was a politician to her fingertips.
- extending to the fingertips, as a coat, veil, etc.: a fingertip jacket.
- fingertip (Thesaurus)