fireball: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (fīr'bôl"), [key]
- a ball of fire, as the sun; a shooting star.
- a luminous meteor, sometimes exploding.
- lightning having the appearance of a globe of fire; ball lightning.
- the highly luminous central portion of a nuclear explosion.
- a ball filled with explosive or combustible material, used as a projectile to injure the enemy by explosion or to set fire to their works.
- an exceptionally energetic or ambitious person.
- fireball (Thesaurus)