Meaning of fleece
Pronunciation: (flēs), [key]
— n., v., fleeced, fleec•ing.
- the coat of wool that covers a sheep or a similar animal.
- the wool shorn from a sheep at one shearing.
- something resembling a fleece: a fleece of clouds in a blue sky.
- a fabric with a soft, silky pile, used for warmth, as for lining garments.
- the soft nap or pile of such a fabric.
- to deprive of money or belongings by fraud, hoax, or the like; swindle: He fleeced the stranger of several dollars.
- to remove the fleece of (a sheep).
- to overspread, as with a fleece; fleck with fleecelike masses: a host of clouds fleecing the summer sky.
- fleece (Thesaurus)