footprint: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (foot'print"), [key]
- a mark left by the shod or unshod foot, as in earth or sand.
- an impression of the sole of a person's foot, esp. one taken for purposes of identification.
- the track of a tire, esp. on wet pavement.
- the area affected by an increase in the level of sound or noise, as that generated by an airplane.
- the area of the earth's surface within which a communications satellite's signals can be received.
- the area within which it is predicted that a spacecraft or its debris will land.
- the surface space of a desk or tabletop occupied by a piece of equipment, esp. a microcomputer or related device.
- footprint (Thesaurus)