found: Meaning and Definition of
- pt. and pp. of
- equipped, outfitted, or furnished: He bought a new boat, fully found.
- provided or furnished without additional charge, as to a tenant; included within the price, rent, etc. (often used postpositively): Room to let, laundry found.
- something that is provided or furnished without charge, esp. meals given a domestic: Maid wanted, good salary and found.
- to set up or establish on a firm basis or for enduring existence: to found a new publishing company.
- to lay the lowest part of (a structure) on a firm base or ground: a house founded on solid rock.
- to base or ground (usually fol. by on or upon): a story founded on fact.
- to provide a basis or ground for.
- to melt and pour (metal, glass, etc.) into a mold.
- to form or make (an article) of molten material in a mold; cast.
- found (Thesaurus)