Meaning of frill
Pronunciation: (fril), [key]
- a trimming, as a strip of cloth or lace, gathered at one edge and left loose at the other; ruffle.
- something resembling such a trimming, as the fringe of hair on the chest of some dogs.
- affectation of manner, style, etc.
- something superfluous.
- wrinkling or loosening of an emulsion at the edges, usually due to excessively high temperature during developing.
- to trim or ornament with a frill or frills.
- to form into a frill.
- (of an emulsion) to become wrinkled or loose.
- frill (Thesaurus)