Meaning of froth
Pronunciation: (frôth, froth), [key]
- an aggregation of bubbles, as on an agitated liquid or at the mouth of a hard-driven horse; foam; spume.
- a foam of saliva or fluid resulting from disease.
- something unsubstantial, trivial, or evanescent: The play was a charming bit of froth.
- to cover with froth: giant waves frothing the sand.
- to cause to foam: to froth egg whites with a whisk.
- to emit like froth: a demagogue frothing his hate.
- to give out froth; foam: frothing at the mouth.
- froth (Thesaurus)